The Merlin Full Body Harness has been designed for industrial rope access and technical rescue, where personnel wish to have either a wrap around or step in fit, with a pull over the head style.
The wrap around fit has been constructed into all the SAR multi purpose harness range. This innovative pattern includes two independent front waist attachment points in different profiles. This is so the rope access and rescue technicians can utilise any type of rope descender without twisting the system.
The Merlin is also fitted with upper ‘D’ connection points at the front and rear for safety back-up and fall arrest attachment. The laminated foam and shaped shoulder pads give additional comfort to the user.
The harness comes in two different forms, the standard Merlin or the Merlin Tech which has the addition of a fixed chest ascender. This gives an advantage to those who employ ‘frogging’ techniques for ascending.
- Belay loop 30kN and ‘D’ connections 25kN
- Double front attachments (Merlin 4 & 6 only)
- One rear dorsal attachment. Fold away when not required
- Two side attachments. Fold back when not required.(Merlin 5 & 6 only)
- Front fixed karabiner (standard Merlin Harness only)
- Front fixed chest croll (Merlin Tech only)
- 3 gear loops & 4 equipment rings
- Quick clip buckles on leg loops (QC type only)
- Slotted waist for fitting pouches, bolt bags or tool frogs
- Laminated sandwiched closed cell foam padding
- Shaped waist and legs for extra comfort
- High quality polyester webbing
- Fully adjustable waist and legs
- Step in fitting or wrap around fitting
- Waist circumference: Min 74cm – Max 114cm
- Leg circumference: Min 48cm – Max 84cm
- Weight – Merlin 6: 2.15kg
Merlin 6 REF: H0075 Merlin 6 QC REF: H0075QC
Merlin 5 REF: H0074 Merlin 5 QC REF: H0074QC
Merlin 4 REF: H0073 Merlin 4 QC REF: H0073QC
Please note that the harness number denotes the number of attachment points.
Example: “Merlin 6” – features 6 attachment points