The Rooftop Access Kit was developed to take advantage of using either a single or twin rope safety system. It can be used as a vertical safety fall arrest system on ladders, towers, tree’s etc. It can also be used as a work restraint or fall arrest system in rooftop areas where a single rope can be used to access an open edge, or a twin rope system to prevent pendulum movement.
There are no knots for the user to tie as this has been taken care of by either clipping the rope karabiner directly on to an anchor (EN795) or looping around a structure or girder then clipping back into the rope loop on the slider.
The access kit includes:
- Equipment holdall 35L
- Kestrel 2 harness
- 4 Gater alloy screw gate karabiners
- 2 Oval screw gate steel karabiners
- 2 Rockers
- 11m low stretch rope to required length
- 4 rope protectors
- 2 10cm twin eye sling
This system must be used from the front chest attachment only.
Training is highly recommended for this system so that the user understands its many uses.
- Each kit contains all the items shown in the picture with a either 25 or 50 meters of rope.
- As a work restraint/positioning system it will conform to EN358 and as a vertical back-up system EN353-2. Each individual item in the kit conforms to the correct EN standards and are compatible for this use. If a harness is not required because the client already has one this can be taken out as the kit can be used with any of the SAR full body harnesses or sit harness with the chest harness linked.