Our A-B Descender has been designed for technical rope access, intervention, and rescue. It has a handle style control that can be used in two modes, either squeeze the handle or flip it down to give extra leverage when required. There is a spring fitted to help keep the handle close to the body when not in use and is also fitted with a panic grab brake.
The A-B Descender fully conforms with two European standards, these are; EN12841-C rope adjustment device (descenders) and EN341-B descenders for rescue. The two standards are very different, EN12841-C covers the device only, so that it can be used with different types of kernmantle rope.
EN341 is the standard for a descent rescue/egress system and any system conforming to this standard must be used with the type of rope with which it was tested.
Any strength quoted is when the product is new and is in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Colour: Black or Gold
- Rope: 10.5mm to 12.5mm kernmantle
- Max Load: 300kg
- Control: Leaver/Cam & panic grab brake
- Weight: 442g
- Min. Static Slip: 4.5kN 10.5mm x 22 plait
- Route 44 Singing rock, 5.5kN 24 plait SAR. 8kN 12.5mm x 20 plait Cousin
- Dynamic impact and slip distance 100kg FF1-1M: 10.5mm = 5.1kN & 51cm 6.2kN & 26cm, 12.5mm = 7kN & 15cm
Conforms to: EN341-B and EN12841-C