The Ground Spider is made from a high specification alloy bar and each spike inter-folds along the main bar for storage and stops the spike from damaging other equipment or causing injury. The Ground Spider comes with its own storage bag made from heavy duty nylon cordura. Each leg is linked using a 60mm x 18cm round sling and a medium delta maillon both of which conform to the relevant EN standards. All the items are in black and pack away to an approximate size of 40cm long and 7cm in diameter, tapering to 4cm.
There is no formal test procedure or standard for this item, however it has been load tested to 15kN and it held for three minutes as required in most EN standards. Users must be competent and trained and fully understand how it holds on different types of ground.
- Material: Main bars, aluminium powder coated
- Sling: Superweb polyester
- Maillon: Steel plated
- Bag: Nylon cordura
- Colour: Black
- Leg length: 3 x 33cm and 2 x 26cm
- Spike length: 5 x 15cm
- Sling: 60cm Circ. x 18mm superweb – conforms to: EN354, EN566 & EN795-B
- Delta maillon: 8mm EN362:05/Q & 12275
- Weight: 832g
- Strength: Lab test only, 15kN